Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Unhappy New Inventors???

What is the deal with the New Inventors on ABC1 this season?

In the past it was quite an interesting watch with a good format. This new season however is a train wreck. It seems that they have removed about half of the lighting from the set and tried to turn the judges into performing clowns. The interaction between the judges without James is tedious to watch and the quality of the discussions with the inventors has turned into a B grade infomercial.

It seems as if they have gone full circle and now have a show that appears to be struggling to find its feet in its first season.

Now proudly sponsored by Binford Tools. Be sure to check out the Binford 6100 - available now at any good tool retailer.

just watch it with control in hand to MUTE the Bull sh&*

the judges are to judge not be funny, its not the 7.00pm project

Totally agree Sir Stinkalot. I loved the original format, but the way they do it now I tired it a couple of times and gave up.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

I am not and never been a fan of New Inventors.
    All the show did for me was to make me frustrated! I did not like the way they pitched 3 articles from as far away from the spectrum as possible the get get 3 judges of dubious credibility and experience to "pick a winner".
    As for that James O'Laughlin.... all I can say is that he must be the son-in-law of the station manager. How else could he keep his job?

I feel sorry for the inventors because I don't think they are getting equal representation for their article and some of the articles have already been in production before they appeared on the programme.

I would like to see a programme giving the inventors a better stage to "pitch" their articles without the BS and TV crap that seems to plague what could be good shows
    Just do it!

Kind regards Rod

Must be cost cutting - the "judges" now have to stand and don't get to hide behind a desk.

To take the show seriously they should place inventions into groups eg construction, safety, etc the groups only need to be a loose association for some credible discussion to take place.

Agree with the above O'Loughlin comment above - his attempts at humour [in which he fails miserably] at the expense of the inventors are quite pathetic.

Default The Inventors.

Hi All,
    Well I'm in Half Agreement, but I do like to see The Inventions, as there are really clever people out there.
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Have Lathe, Wood Travel.

I think that the gradual focus on the judges was detrimental to the program. As soon as they started their boring deliberations I lost interest. You could see them trying to meet the criteria as well as say something "nice" about each invention. Very formulaic and boring. James is OK. There should be more of him and less of the judges in my opinion, and definitively a more detailed look at the inventions themselves; I mean that's what it's all about isn't it?

Charleville is offline Nocturnal and primeval - I fish at night.

Quote Originally Posted by drsed View Post
    I think that the gradual focus on the judges was detrimental to the program. As soon as they started their boring deliberations I lost interest. You could see them trying to meet the criteria as well as say something "nice" about each invention. Very formulaic and boring. James is OK. There should be more of him and less of the judges in my opinion, and definitively a more detailed look at the inventions themselves; I mean that's what it's all about isn't it?

I could not have represented my sentiments about the show better.

Why employ a comedian as a compere unless you let him be the compere? His light-hearted but non-intrusive banter has always added something to the show, imho.

At the best of times the judges are tedious TV talent. Let them be judges and let the compere be the compere.