Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: New member

Default New member

Finally took the plunge after several weeks of voyeurism.Don`t know if I have much in the way of wisdom to pass on as I`m sure there are much wiser owls perched on the branches of this tree of life [woodworkers forum], but I am enjoying the experience.
    However I would like to share my experiences working with wood.I`ve only been a dusteater for about 10 years , starting out very basic with a few cheapie tools and an over ripe imagination [some people think that I haven`t changed].But I am at a stage where I have to shake my head [not only to get the sawdust out of my head but to make sure that I`m not dreaming] and realise that I must be living in a woodworkers heaven,in as much as I live on a large acreage of Jarrah forest with all the magnificent timbers of the south west can offer,I also recycle as much wood as I can that passes my way,I also use other recycled materials in my projects.
    I will endeavor in a moment of self indulgence and give a list of woods that I collect and use in my projects. Jarrah,Marri,Sheoak,Bull Banksia wood and nuts,Blackboy,Karri,Sandalwood,Blackbutt,Tuart,Wandoo.
    I also have a small milling setup ,a 660 magnum with 36" blade & a Westford slabbing mill nothing too serious but very portable to move around the forest.
    If I`ve managed to get your saliva flowing thinking I must be in woodworkers nervana then to add the cream and cherry on top,I`ve actually married the angel who lives there as she is just as keen on all things woodworking from milling to projects and is always there as a fellow dusteater.Will post a few flix [with luck] while I`m on a role. Don`t want to be too long winded.
    P.S We`re also surrounded by the finest vineyards in the Margaret River area and what better way to wash the dust down but with some of the finest reds and whites in the country.
    Cheers Guys & Gals

Beautiful work . The spider web table would be my favourite, but they are all good, well done
    Neil

Fantastic looking work - love the inlay combined with some colour Welcome to the forum and hope to see more of what you do
    Updated 8th of February 2024

excellent work, welcome aboard.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Some very creative stuff you've done there. well done

Must say, the spiderweb piece is my favourite as well.

Hope to see more of your work.

Thats some body of work, and welcome to the forum.

Thumbs up

G'day Dusteater and welcome to woodies heaven in cyber space!!

My eyes popped and I began to drooooooooooooool when I saw your work!! Gorgeous!!

Default Dusteater

Sorry about posting this in the wrong forum but I`m sure everyone is entitled to a brain fart every now and then........ I`m just using mine up at the start.So just a little add on,all the coloured inlays are from recycled materials which include copper , aluminum & brass wire, pipe & sheeting also plastics from knitting needles , buckets , plant pots ....to cut the list short if it`s coloured and plastic I`ll consider using it . There`s a world full of recyclable materials out there and with a little imagination I can create something interesting & different. Thanks for all the positive comments.Will post my recent project.