Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I do need to obtain a larger vise for the 13. The 4 inch B&S is beautiful but limited in both clamping range and flexibility. The 3 inch Hercus is too small and I don't want to talk about the Vertex.

If I can find a worthwhile photo of Schaublin's universal vise, I'll post it. You'll love it.

As far as the Maho goes, I don't bother to look at the mill offerings on Australian Ebay simply because I'm not in the market for another mill. That was one of those "similar items" they tuck down the bottom of the page. I had no idea it was old news.

BT

Greg,
    Looking for a project? How about this? Milling Machine | eBay
    "Could be restored to working order with some work"
    Has it been in a fire or something?

Stuart

Nah, thats one of those rare ex-RAN submarine mills. They were mounted outside of the sub though, so some slight surface rust may be evident.

That seller has plenty of chutzpah asking any money at all for that. Any self-respecting scrap vendor would charge to haul it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Anorak Bob View Post
    I do need to obtain a larger vise for the 13. The 4 inch B&S is beautiful but limited in both clamping range and flexibility. The 3 inch Hercus is too small and I don't want to talk about the Vertex.

If I can find a worthwhile photo of Schaublin's universal vise, I'll post it. You'll love it.

BT
    If I get time later I'll do a "Vice squad" line up of the 6" Star, the Glacern and the Heinrich drill vise I bought.

GQ

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Q View Post
    Nah, thats one of those rare ex-RAN submarine mills. They were mounted outside of the sub though, so some slight surface rust may be evident.

That seller has plenty of chutzpah asking any money at all for that. Any self-respecting scrap vendor would charge to haul it away.
    Fortunately I drank my cup of coffee 4 hours ago, otherwise I'd be cleaning up the mess! Typical GQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Q View Post

lol

My thought was "if you think its worth $650, couldn't you afford a tarp?"
    I wonder what he was asking the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by Anorak Bob View Post
    GQ. Is your suitcase big enough to squeeze this in? How about one of these for your IIIA or your C. One of Ernst's less commonly encountered accessories.

Leica Museum Piece Stereo-Elmar 3,5/3,5 cm Outfit Lens - eBay (item 230611736710 end time May-20-11 07:20:57 PDT)
    Holy moley! I just clicked the ebay link to see what that Leica attachment goes for: $148,500 US dollars. Great Googly-moogly! On the other hand,I suppose you could make your own images for your GAF Viewmaster with one of those gizmos.

Might be a touch more economical to hunt down the 35mm camera, offered in 1952 as part of the View Master Personal range, to make your own discs!

I had no idea that they made cameras too. I just checked-ebay has a few listed. They look neat in that bygone era kind of way. Seeing objects like that makes me feel so old. I can remember looking at stereographs of Disneyland as a little kid in one of those bakelite viewmasters. That was as close as I got to the Magic Kingdom until I was 44 years old. That's a long time to wait for Cinderella's autograph