Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default quiz about a mitre saw and a dust extractor

For the first time ever this morning I hooked my Hitachi mitre saw up to my old Arlec dust extractor with a peculiar result. The vacuum would auto start but it wouldn't turn off. How come? I tried some other tools and it worked fine. Does it know I just ordered a nice new quiet Nilfisk dust extractor and is protesting or is something else wrong?

Cheers
    Michael

Jeese! well that went off like a lead balloon eh. Anyway the answer is the saw is equipped with a laser so the vacuum was sensing a current draw and not shutting off even though the saw was stopped. Anyway little thing that slipped past me for a while.
    Oh well.

Cheers
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mic-d View Post
    Jeese! well that went off like a lead balloon eh. Anyway the answer is the saw is equipped with a laser so the vacuum was sensing a current draw and not shutting off even though the saw was stopped. Anyway little thing that slipped past me for a while.
    Oh well.

Cheers
    Michael
    See. You didn't need us after all. Glad you worked it out and one to remember.

Regards
    Paul
    Bushmiller;

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely!"

I worked it out in about 5 mins, that's why I posted it in the quiz section

Cheers
    Michael

My new Nilfisk Atto 30XC just arrived. It is smart enough to know the difference and switches off even with the laser turned on. And as a bonus the noise level is 59db as opposed to the Arlec which was up in the 'my ears are ringing after a minute' noise level. It's barely audible through a closed door. Time to toss the old one.

Cheers
    Michael