Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Carob Tree

Default Carob Tree

Hi boys, just wondering if anyone out there had milled Carob before and could tell me what its like. Ive been asked to go check one out on Tuesday.

Nope, not me, but tell us how it goes hey?
    I love my Lucas!! ...just ask me!
    Allan.

Here it describes the wood as red and desirable for carvers and funiture making.

Post some pics when done.
    Neil

Definetly a tree I would like to cut up, there are some nice big ones Throughout the Barossa valley in south aus that would have been planted many years ago.
    I am told that sharpening handsaws is a dying art.... this must mean I am an artisan.

Get your handsaws sharpened properly to the highest possible standard, the only way they should be done, BY HAND, BY ME!!! I only accept perfection in any saw I sharpen.

Well as fortune would have it, forgot the camera and when the boys fell it it seemed Mr White Ant had had a bit of fun before i did. Ended up managing to recover about a cube of slabs around the pipe and had one of the guys from the Busselton woodturning society come out with his chainsaw and have a field day. Charlie was like a kid in a candy store Some beautiful burl figure in it and a rich red colour. Sorry but no pics guys.

I believe the general conception is on here.... that if there are no pics, it didn't happen!
    lol I had to prune on the other week nothing big enough to mill but gave half a ute load to a local woodturning group. Too good to throw through the chipper.

Quote Originally Posted by nifty View Post
    Well as fortune would have it, forgot the camera and when the boys fell it it seemed Mr White Ant had had a bit of fun before i did. Ended up managing to recover about a cube of slabs around the pipe and had one of the guys from the Busselton woodturning society come out with his chainsaw and have a field day. Charlie was like a kid in a candy store Some beautiful burl figure in it and a rich red colour. Sorry but no pics guys.
    no pics!!!! didn't happen then, cant believe you didnt get some pics of the wood.

They are a tree that seems to be prone to termite attack.
    I am told that sharpening handsaws is a dying art.... this must mean I am an artisan.

Get your handsaws sharpened properly to the highest possible standard, the only way they should be done, BY HAND, BY ME!!! I only accept perfection in any saw I sharpen.