OK, my old trailer suspension has finally given up after many years hard service. I had loaded it up with dirt to go to the dump but then it rained overnight, soaking the dirt and adding so much extra weight that the poor old thing just gave up the will to live and the leaves collapsed.

Having been to a few trailer builders, it seems the springs are not 'standard' as they are 1040mm between fixings so it looks like they're off a vehicle of some description but I have no idea which. Because of the design of the trailer, it isn't possible to move the fixing centres of the springs to install standard trailer springs so I'm left trying to identify the springs but without much joy. I've been to a few breakers but they say that unless I can tell them what the springs were off they can't help me.

So, does anybody know how I can go about identifying what these springs came from? They are 1040mm between fixings (fixed both ends) and there are 9 leaves per spring. That's about as much as I've got to go on so can anybody help?

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...