Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Turbocad

Default Turbocad

I am reasonably competent in AutoSketch, and would like to become equally proficient in Turbocad, since its 3-D features appear to be more powerful. I wonder if there are are Turbocad gurus out there, since I have a major problem, that I have not yet been able to come up with an answer for in Turbcad. If so, please PM me. My question is as follows: AutoSketch, when a line is selected, displays in its 'Edit bar' the coordinates of each end of the line, and its length and angle. However, Turbocad, in its Inspector bar, displays only the length of the line and the coordinates of its centre point. How do I get Turbocad to display the cordinates of the end points and angle of the line, so that they can be edited?

Rocker

Default turbocad

turbocad

cant help either on this one Rocker.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

What's TurboCAD??? :confused:

But if you need help on Photoshop.... no worries!
    All that technical stuff in CAD programs.... is WAY over my head
    Cheers

Major Panic

Rocker, I used TurboCad for some time when it first came out, nearly 10 years ago now. It was fairly basic then and not so good for full on technical stuff. It was frowned upon by all the AutoCad draftsman I worked with. We used it hooked up to an Access database for plotting structural defects and overlaying defect trends etc.

Recently I looked it up on the web and was impresed with the new features, functionality and compatability. I asked a couple of the Cad guys I used to work with what they thought of the newer version and, whilst they had not actually used it, they new people who did, and reckoned it was well on the way to being a really good package. They did say it had proven much more stable and bug free than older versions.

The problem I have with it (now) is that it is suffiently complex to require a certain amount of training in order to both A) use it in its basic form, and B) extract its full potential. The availability of TurboCad training in WA is very limited and very expensive. Having said that if you are fluent with Auto-Sketch I would say you could get by with the interactive training CD/DVD. Just remember its more like Auto-Cad than it is like other cheaper drawing packages like Auto-sketch.

I can't answer your question but assume there are attributes setting available in one form or another. Whilst Turbo-Cad will produce a full on technical drawing I don't know the value or full capability of the 3D option and some question its rendering accuracy. 3D can be a bit Mickey Mouse in some of the cheaper packages and I have really only used it in Auto-Cad for Hull design and the like.

Hope this help

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

Squizzy,

I do have the Turbocad 2-D and 3-D training guides, which, together with the reference manual, come to a total of around 600 pages. But I haven't yet put in the hard graft needed to learn the program. Now that it is too hot to work in the shed for the next couple of months, I will get down to it. I was just hoping there was someone who could help me over this hurdle.

I have put a post on the Turbocad user forum; so with luck, I shall eventually get an answer.

Rocker

I have posted some Turbocad drawings of my morticing jig in the Jigs Forum; see
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...3&page=4&pp=15

these give an idea of TurboCAD's capabilities in depicting a fairly complex construction in 3D.

I am still some way away from attaining any expertise in Rendering and Materials in TurboCAD, so I have shown the drawings in wireframe format with hidden lines suppressed.

Rocker