Quote Originally Posted by RedShirtGuy View Post
I've been using Ironclad Ranchers for my last two pairs but they just don't seem to hold up to the work I put them through.
Did you mean Ironclad Ranchworx?

Anyway, I've been using Ironclad's Heavy Utility gloves for the last couple of years for gardening, chopping wood, etc. Even with light and infrequent use, they wear out after a year. I really like their fit but I despise their cost of around $40 at Bunnings.

My current pair of Ironclad Heavy Utility gloves has a gaping hole near the wrist and I was tempted to upgrade to the sturdier looking Ironclad Ranchworx. However, I could not justify the $60 price and I did a bit of research and found cheaper models.

I especially like the secure low profile wrist cuff on my Heavy Utility gloves, which is not found on the Ranchworx. I found the Mechanix CG Heavy Duty gloves to be the best of both worlds, leather like Ranchworx and wrist cuff like my current ones.

I found the CG Heavy Duty gloves on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QX5CL8/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=hi&psc=1"]Amazon.com[/ame] for only $30 US (almost parity with AU). I bought 3 pairs for a total of $88, including shipping! Oddly, if you put 3 pairs in your basket, on FINAL checkout page they automatically give $19 discount.

I'm stoked, for the price of a single Ironclad Ranchworx, you can buy 2 pairs of Mechanix CG Heavy Duty gloves. Bear in mind the CG Heavy Duty gloves has a higher RRP so I best assume it's better quality. I hope this helps someone with their buying decision.