Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop Lighting

Default Lighting

I got some feedback previously on lighting. I changed some lights while trying to stay energy eficcient. I got what I thought would make good sense. I bought Daylight bulbs. And I made sure they were equivalent to 100watt bulbs. I have two and three headed fixtures. Strangely there doesn't seem to be enough light or the Daylight type doesn't do the trick. Does anyone know about just this single point? Is Daylight lighting not as good as other lighting? For some of my fixtures I just gave up and went back to traditional spots which provide a lot of light and a lot of heat. By the way, I found a gooseneck extension for a bulb at Lowes. It's the coolest thing. You are able to bring down the bulb from the ceiling and move it around. May be the best of both worlds for those who like desktop type lights.

I don't know what happens in the USA, but here in Oz, the compact fluorescent "bulbs" are not accurate in the stated output equivalent. The original ones were but the market has been flooded with cheap asian products having the same input wattage but a seriously compromised output. The original, high quality lamps were too expensive to be a viable stock option for the stores, so price reigns supreme. Your spots also will have a reflector back which concentrates the light in the direction you want, the CFLs spray it everywhere. IMO, workshop lighting is better with the ordinary long fluorescent tubes in a baffled fixture.
    Cheers
    Graeme

Default thanks

This was very helpful Graeme