I have been taking a close look at my foundations under my house, The brick work is contiuous single leaf brick piers with engaged 230mm sections, no DPC or termimesh ( house 60 yrs old. I have orginal carport plan (1985, scale freehand !) It shows no detail of the foundations in question here. (this carport now deck not shown on dwg it is on the eastern side.) The footings have been stated at 400mm x 250 "reinforced" concrete thats it !
I know the previous owner built the whole house himself.

I know the following:
West side slab thickness 200mm already dug pier hole for when I fill the new footing in.
Centre footing has a hole looks like a bit of timber was in it 52x25mm square hole (doesnt line up with anything??) and rotted away over time, I poke a bit of threaded bar down and I hit clay at ~300mm deep (this section is raised about 90mm above the floor height.) Also extends a width of 400mm across section.
East footing, unknown except its footing is 90mm also above ground level and would most likely be 400mm width based on 50mm overhang internally where a 230x230 pier is.
Internally where I can see it looks like there is a join showing where an infill slab has been poured at a similar time as it is hard as rock.
I have put up a LVL which is sitting over 1 width of brick on one end (engineer said no issues with site inspection however didnt leave a certificate with signoff, probaly can chase him up, or maybe need to get him back again).
and the other supported by a post where I will underpin with a pier cause I have to put a new footoing in to join to existing.
I am looking at contacting a bricky to brick up where this LVL goes over the single leaf brickwork to give me a 230x230 pier (existing rail lines were supported this way on the outerwalls.
I will be removing the wall once the brickwork, supports complete. I was originally going to leave the post in place but I may as well get him to pier up where I need a new 230x230 pier (if possible).

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files Build plan final-Foundations.pdf (14.8 KB)

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...