Hi guys and gals,
New to the forum and having a blast reading through alot of the posts already, there is a wealth of knoweledge on here and its great.

I have just bought my first home. Its a solid block 3 bedroom place in good condition. Now being very green to residential building and renovating I am interested in scoping up some plans to build in the outside laundry and a rumpus room attachment that will sit behind the kitchen.

There is a undercover patio area (shown in red) directly behind the house but the actual roof extends to outer edge of the laundry

For both rooms I was going to timber frame to the house structure, gyrock, cornice, skirt and seal the rooms. The rumpus room being more complex as a proper roof would need to be designed somehow either underneath the patio roof or part of the patio roof removed. I was just after some general steps that to do these extensions as I plan on doing the majority of the work myself. I'm a mechanical engineer and believe i can do a design for it without to much drama but the actual installation process I am wondering if someone can shed some light on, basically the steps to take and how to build an extension. I just want to get a rough idea of how much this would cost doing all of the work by myself, except for the lighting and GPO's and approvals etc. So want to get the steps right so i can price the materials

Thanks for any help anyone can provide

Attached Thumbnails

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...