Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: DVD's from OS

Default DVD's from OS

Hi, have any of you ever purchased a DVD from over seas? in particular the USA.

I would like to get a couple but am not sure if there is a difference in overseas format and ours. I have contacted the proposed supplier and they tell me the DVD's are in NTSC format.

My main concern before that was if they would play in this region.

(guess who is not a technophile )
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev

Hi Brudda, most dvd players and newer TV's are capable of playing Pal and NTSC DVD's. Not too sure about SECAM, mainly used in Africa and former USSR republics. HTH
    To grow old is inevitable.... To grow up is optional

Confidence, the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

What could possibly go wrong.

It can depend on how old your dvd player is. The older ones tended to be set at a particular region (Aus is region 4 I think). More recent ones are region free (though it's best to check when you buy them).
    Even the older ones can usually be made region-free as the setting is usually only a software setting.
    If you search on the internet for your particular model you can usually find a fix to make it region free. The fix is usually just a matter of pressing a few buttons on the remote.
    Cheers,
    Jim

Thanks to you both, the DVD player/recorder is just on a month old, so hopefully it will be OK.
    I will do some more investigating tomorrow.

I was after the "Jimmy Clews" dvd box set, and had found it at a good price, including postage.
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev