Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default How to Identify Where a Driver is From

How to Identify Where a Driver is From

1. One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: Melbourne.

2. One hand on wheel, one finger out window: Sydney.

3. One hand on wheel, one finger out window, cutting across all lanes of traffic: Melbourne.

4. One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator: Northshore, Blue Mountains or Geelong.

5. One hand on wheel, one hand on nonfat double decaf cappuccino, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator, with gun in lap: Bankstown, Frankston .

6. Both hands on wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror: Sydney, but driving in Melbourne City.

7. Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat: Italy or in a Cab anywhere.

8. One hand on latte, one knee on wheel, cradling cell phone, foot on brake, mind on radio game: Outer Suburbs Sydney & Melbourne.

9. One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both feet on brake, throwing McDonald's bag out the window: Outer suburbs Melbourne, Sydney Adelaide and Perth .

10. Four-wheel drive pick-up truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, Roo tails attached to antenna: Central Australia, Northern Territory Out Back Queensland or Western Australia.

11. Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible above windshield, driving 35 on the Expressway in the Right lane with the left blinker on: Queensland Gold and Sunshine Coasts.

Beautiful.

Our local rag used to have a column by The Traffic Doctor, who railed against this sort, especially elbow driving. They can probably forward it to him. My spies might be able to generate US and Florida versions, maybe even local Tallahassee.

Thanks, Ray.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

Perhaps we can add a number 12.

Driver in Wallan, looking for a street whilst holding a map
    upside down, cursing all the time. Uses mobile phone to
    locate friend and ask for directions.

"Wheelinaround" (Ray) coming to visit Allan at Wallan.

Allan
    Life is short ... smile while you still have teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by joe greiner View Post
    Beautiful.

Our local rag used to have a column by The Traffic Doctor, who railed against this sort, especially elbow driving. They can probably forward it to him. My spies might be able to generate US and Florida versions, maybe even local Tallahassee.

Thanks, Ray.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Joe original was USA based I changed to suit

Alan what map I could smell the toast burning and wood pile Its giving the driver instructions in woman speak thats the problem.

You know turn left 3 blocks up dear no the other left.

Default The other left

The other

Visiting Luxembourg about 10 years ago, and headed back to Belgium, I encountered a sign indicating the route to a major motorway: turn right arrow. So I did. I got a grand tour of Luxembourg, ending back at the same spot. Then I realized it meant a right turn farther on.

Thank Goodness Luxembourg is so small, and I hadn't been in Germany or France.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

rrich Guest

Default This really works

This actually happened to me.
    I had left work early in the afternoon and driven from Northern Virginia, across Washington D.C. to the National Zoo. (I went to see the Pandas.)
    As I'm driving back to Northern Virginia rush hour had started and the streets of Washington D.C. were getting congested. I had the single sheet map (Provided by the rental car company) in my left hand while steering with my right hand.
    As I apporached a street where I needed to turn, I would use my turn signal. To my amazement taxi cabs, commercial vehicles and private vehicles were all making room for me to make my turn. This happened time and time again until I arrived at the office in Northern Virginia.I got back to the office in Northern Virginia in what was considered record time.
    Many of my co-workers didn't believe that I actually drove to the National Zoo and back.
    Then a rather astute co-worker explained that rental cars in the Commonwealth of Virginia have number tags that start with the letter "R". I was driving holding a map in my hand. The co-worker said that the other drivers assumed that I was a lost tourist and that the sooner I got out of their way, the better their traffic would move.

Quote Originally Posted by rrich View Post
    Then a rather astute co-worker explained that rental cars in the Commonwealth of Virginia have number tags that start with the letter "R". I was driving holding a map in my hand. The co-worker said that the other drivers assumed that I was a lost tourist and that the sooner I got out of their way, the better their traffic would move.
    I think that someone from Virginia should try and get a license plate that starts with the letter R.