Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ralph?

SilentC,

You are a hard taskmaster; I thought that I should get a greenie for promptly admitting an error and correcting it. Do I have to grovel, and sing "Advance Australia Fair' too?

Rocker

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    Looks like 'ol Ralph finally gave up on us.

No new posts since 21/12/04.
    His final post on the 21st December said "To days quiz will be the last one till after Christmas, so I would like to extend my holiday greeting to all of you folks in the land of OZ. See you on the 26th. "

However this did not occur as he has not resumed with his quizzes on this board. There has been speculation that maybe Ralph, who is usually so punctual, was not well.

Notralph meanwhile stepped in the breach and whilst others are searching for Notralph's true identity I searched the net for evidence of Ralph.

I am pleased to announce that I found evidence that Ralph is well because on an other board he has indeed resumed his quizzes on the 26th December and has continued since.

Regrettably it appears that his quiz of the 21st was his final post. Whether he no longer appreciated our wonderful style of answering his questions , which is a bit different than what he was used to from his fellow seppos, or that he does not like the usurper ( Notralph) we will probably never know.

So the quizzmaster Ralph is gone, long live Notralph the new quizmaster.

Respectfully, ( to use Ralph signof )

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee
    Respectfully, ( to use Ralph signof )

Peter.
    Now that's not an Australian signoff
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    Now that's not an Australian signoff

Ofcourse not, I was plagiarising Ralph's signoff by way of a last hooray.

Surely you guys know by now that " Respectfully" is not a normal part of my vocabulary.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee
    Whether he no longer appreciated our wonderful style of answering his questions , which is a bit different than what he was used to from his fellow seppos
    I could imagine that if I was from overseas and could find a local board that was as high a standard as this then I'd probably stick with the local board as the information will always be a bit more relevant.

Not that I don't value the input from our overseas members is just that the suppliers, the wood, terminologies, etc are different and there are times when you need some more local information.

Good luck to Ralph

Simon
    They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian. They're not laughing now.
    Bob Monkhouse