Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Rip off

Default Rip off

Went into town today (Perth) to have lunch with the wife, kids and sister form Darwin. We parked in a car park which is $8.00 all day parking Sunday. After lunch we got back to the car park only to find I had lost the ticket. On the machine there is a help button, when I told the lady on the other end that I had lost my ticket she told me it was going to cost $50.00 for a lost ticket. Not wanting to pay that much I went back into the city and found the ticket. How can they charge so much more for a ticket which will go into the bin any way?
    David
    giveitagoturning @hotmail.com

They can charge that because you want your car back. I agree what a rip off

I think youll find alot of car parks will charge at least a days parking if you lose your ticket.

Personally if a driver tries to exit without a ticket then Id prefer that they also asked for proof of ownership of the vehicle....too easy for a thief to break into a car, pay the day fee and simply drive away in the car.

Reminds me of a stupid thing I did once at Adelaide Airport. I was in a hurry and seeing the ticket machine arm go up for the car in front I blindly planted boot and followed the car under the raised arm and into the car park.....and then quickly realised that getting out of the car park was going to be a problem without a *** ticket. Luckily the person on the exit booth believed my story and let me exit so I could whip around and re-enter the car park the correct way
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)