Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Top Jap tool supplier.

Sounds like bit of a plug I spose. But its not often I don't feel like I'm being fed BS to make a sale, getting me to buy an inferior tool or one I dont even need. So I think the bloke deserves a bit of a plug.

Bought a Japanese Razor saw and butt chisel from Stu of Tokyo.

I didn't realise just how many types of saws there were. Steel types etc etc. So many I couldn't get my head around it.

Told him what I wanted. Basically blades to handle hardwood better. Crosscuts. less wear. etc And he pin pointed what I was after based on personal experience. no mucking about. Honesty .and have recieved a beautiful cutting saw and a chisel thats holding its edge beautifully. And strangely, I thought, Cheaper, even with all the postage from Japan, than if I'd bought them from a local joint.

Thanks mate.

Jake

G'day Apricotripper,

Gotta love good quality and more so when you pick it up from overseas cheaper. Dozukis and the like I reckon are the ducks guts.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Thumbs up

Good for you Jake and good on Stu>

Bought a couple of Dozukis some years ago from C_T. Love 'em. Just a tad expensive.

I bought a dozuki, an ink line, a diamond shapening plate and a wrench from Stu - great price and service
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

Thank you Jake.
    Bookmarked in preparation.

Cheers Jeff

good bloke alright.

Dozuki is really very nice, its price and service is very good. I had used some of dozuki, really very nice experience with these.

A few months later - I just bought a Ryoba and Dozuki from Stuart at Tools from Japan, Japanese woodworking tools direct from Japan. for the cost of one saw alone elsewhere in Melbourne. He promptly answered all my emails and for $10 postage they were delivered in about a week and half.

I highly recommend toolsfromjapan, the customer service and prices are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I highly recommend toolsfromjapan, the customer service and prices are fantastic.
    Good tip guys. I love my japanese saw & have been looking for more at decent prices. Thanks,

I couldn't fault my purchase from him.

Sent a couple of paragraphs explaining what I was doing with certain woods expecting a quick blunt answer (I'd already worked out what I needed but was curious as to what Stu would suggest). I received an in depth email (6-8 paragraphs from memory) extolling certain brands and explaining the shortcomings of others in a completely unbiased way.

Impressed with the service so far, I sent my order along with a query about the flush cut I had ordered. Stu sent another equally comprehensive email along with a bonus blade thrown in for me to try out, which ended up progressing to a full saw by the time the order was sent!

Great packing (and postage price- I have been a victim of a couple of US postages in the past), and it arrived spot on time.

Very impressed with the accuracy of the saws- I was already sold with a cheap dozuki that was left at an industrial antiques workshop. These were a cut above that in terms of quality- $35 saws probably around $65-80 over here. All up 4 saws cost me $95...

+1 for Stu.

I bought a couple of ceramic waterstones from him and got very useful advice before and after the purchase.
    Cheers, Ern