Thread: cfp

Default Using Cabot's CFP on table tops

Has anyone used Cabot's CFP as a finish on coffee style tables as I need a non scratch surface that can be brushed on?

One table is recycled West Australian Blackbutt and the other is recycled Jarrah with a Sheoak edge to hide bolt holes

I think satin finish would be best as I do not like the glossy plastic finish of full gloss. I use 60% lacguer on my woodturned items

I know that 2 pack may be the way go but a lady in Bunnings said that she had used CFP on bench tops and they did not scratch

Mike
    Last edited by groverwa; 5th March 2010 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Rename title

As I did not get any answers I bought a tin of satin and applied the first coat this arvo

The attached pics show the underside of the coffee table tops and the leg/ rail assembly.

The BBQ trolley was made about 10 yrs ago from recycled jarrah and finished in a brushable acrylic I think

I will post finished pics later

This exercise has been a big relearning curve as the last lot of coffee/ bedside tables was made at TAFE about 14 years ago

Mike

I would suggest the reason for lack of responce was that unlees people know what cfp is they would have just skipped to another thread, a slightly more informative title may have gleened a higher response. As you have already purchased some yes let us know how it goes. For your next project, I would give Rustins Plastic Coating a try

I used CFp with the hardner additive on some kitchen benches about 20 years ago and it has really stood the test of time.It needs sanding and recoating now, but it has lasted really well.
    Tools

Tools - thanks for that - as these are coffee tables I am just using CFP with a bit of thinners. Have put a couple of coats on and it is looking good. Will last me out and will not be doing any table top dancing

China - the lack of response did not worry me as it would not have been a mainstream style finish for tables

Mike