Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook?

Like any social networking site Facebook has its uses but you need to be aware of the security and privacy issues.

Dont do what one of my friends did and meet up with a guy on Facebook and then proceed to have a very tacky lovey dovey chat with the guy without realising the whole workld could see the conversation. I made her aware of the situation and suggested she might like to be careful inviting a bloke shed never met in person to stay at her house over christmas.

My friend hasnt talked to me since.

Also be wary of posting comments about your boss and workmates.....there are hundreds of stories of employers trawling Facebook to see what their employees are saying about them.

Going for a job interview? Dont be surprised if the interviewer quizzes you about comments youve made on your Facebook site.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Senior moment Richard.
    Damn, they're getting common too

Richard

just joking, my brain's as sharp as it ever was ... unfortunately

I've been getting friend requests lately from lithe young things; and as much as it makes sense that they would want to know me, given my rugged good looks and magnetic personality, I thought that it must be some form of scam or other.
    Mick

avantguardian

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo View Post
    Dont do what one of my friends did and meet up with a guy on Facebook and then proceed to have a very tacky lovey dovey chat with the guy without realising the whole workld could see the conversation. I made her aware of the situation and suggested she might like to be careful inviting a bloke she'd never met in person to stay at her house over christmas.
    That's another thing, it's a waterhole for insecure people (mostly teenagers girls) and a hunting ground for predators. I cannot fathom the logic of people like your friend

I'm not saying that everyone on facebook is either insecure or a dirtbag, it's just common.

It's like the rest of life. Get your story straight and stick to it. Otherwise it will come back and bite you.

I am on FB. My sons and their partners are on facebook. My daughters are on FB as well and then there is my eldes grandson with whom I can play the games.... My kids? I can get an idea of what they are doing even though we don't phone daily. I have friends I have "found" again after breaks of many years. I never put info on there that I am not happy for the universe to know, commonsense really. I don't mind FB as long as it is used carefully...
    BTW Richard, about time we caught up again mate!

I use it a fair bit.
    Im still young and everyone around me uses it.

I don't have my real name on their. Its quite a funny name that i actually use.

Has its ups and downs. I don't take it completely seriously. I don't play games i only use it to talk to mates i know well or not so well. I use it for what it is, a social networking site.

I use facebook to keep in touch with friends who live far away, having lost 2 best mates to moving (one out of state, one out of country) i also post albums of the little projects i scrape up during my uni holidays! i use my real name.

and bebbo, im from the shire too, small world! gotta love the internet hahaha
    Mike