Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: my baby crib

Default my baby crib

i'm building a baby crib for the upcoming baby
    using some wild mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana L.),and bangkirai for its love shaped slabs n sides,now i'm thinking for the mechanism for the sliding door

Thumbs up

A great piece of work, congratulations. Just one thing - make sure when you have the mattress in that the heart-shape apertures are baby safe. I am pretty sure they will be when the child is very young, but when he/she starts to wriggle just make sure that no arms, legs, or heads can't get caught up in some awkward way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost2 View Post
    A great piece of work, congratulations. Just one thing - make sure when you have the mattress in that the heart-shape apertures are baby safe. I am pretty sure they will be when the child is very young, but when he/she starts to wriggle just make sure that no arms, legs, or heads can't get caught up in some awkward way.
    You should check the cot safety guidelines. If you are in violation not only is it dangerous for your little one, but it is illegal to pass it on to someone else when you are done with it, even if you give it for free.

In addition you need to be very sure that there is sufficient airflow getting to the child when they are in bed. I would go look at the SIDs N' Kids guidelines here.

Edit - did not notice until now you are not in aussie. So the illegal thing might not apply, don't know what indonesia's cot standards are.

Looks good!!