Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Thanks to Woodworkforums!

I just wish to thank Woodworkforums.com for the Happy Birthday wish. I assume I'm talking to an electronic, brainless auto-responder, but I want to thank all it's circuitry for the pleasant greeting in my email.

Jan. 16 is my birthday, as well as a special grand-daughter, Kylie, who turns 18, while I am doing good to just turn over in bed period! I have undergone successful radiation treatment for prostate cancer, and two TURP surgeries; with the surgeon cutting "something" (?) he should not have cut on the last surgery and I am now suffering the consequences of that goof. But I have much to thank God for and I do that each morning. My high school sweetheart and I have shared over 50 years of marriage together.

While woodworking is one of my joys, the health issues have kept me out of the garage - my only workshop area - and I do look forward to getting back in there to smell the wonderful scent of wood shavings, combined perhaps with a pipe full of "Spanish Galleon" tobacco from www.Justforhim.com in Missouri.

So thanks again for the Happy Birthday wish. High five greetings to you all.
    Jess (i.e.: Jess't an old poop!)

Nah Jess.its an old woodworker we have on staff who sits there with a list, stuffing himself with birthday cake, and he types them up.

Have a good one.

Yeah, so just send some of your cake to Noel, c/- ubeaut products, Geelong.
    Cheers, Ern

Default Thanks for the Happy Birthday

So, you're saying that that guy with a rotund tummy is the one who sends the Happy Birthday wishes out? Could that be Neil, since he asked to have a piece of the cake?
    LOL

I have to get used to this forum format. So hope this ends up after the replies to my initial post.

Thanks guys! I love German Chocolate cake, but my doc has been really pressuring me to lose 40 lbs, and gosh durned if it isn't one of the toughest things to do! So I doubt I'll get a cake. Maybe a carrot cake, minus the cake!

I ordered myself a new fountain pen (yeah, I'm into fountain pens!) Huh? You forgot what they're used for? I did too, so I looked it up and it goes way back to the "good ole days" when people wrote personal letters with pen to paper, then mailed them in an envelope. Whenever I receive one these days, it's sure nice to be able to unfold a letter and hold the paper in hand and read it, especially when it was hand-written. Kinda like the next best thing to sitting face to face with them for a visit.

Anyway, back to my gift to myself. The price was $90. A confirmation came in my email showing the price of $50.00. Now maybe I'll use the $40 I saved and buy some small batch Knob Creek Kentucky Bourbon to sip occasionally during our freezing, severe California winter - I think it didn't even reach 60 degrees today!

My wife said she was giving me a Nikon D-40 SLR Digital camera, AFTER I ordered it myself too! The new BMW or Lexus she still resists; and even getting another job, although she is retired. I thought true love would prompt her to work nights at Taco Bell or MacDonalds to pay for a new Lexus or BMW, but no! Women! LOL

Enjoyed your humor, guys. Thanks again,
    Jess

HB Jess.

Hope you are back in the shed soon. It will help you forget about the lack of BMW. We could have a whip round and buy you a Matchbox car maybe.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)
    Follow my little workshop/gallery on facebook. things of clay and wood.

Default Happy Birthday

Maker of Hot Tea,

I love matchbox cars! Thanks!

A belated happy birthday Jess.....hope I manage to make it to 73.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)