Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by footz View Post
    Regards ozmestore I have emailed them a few times about warranty on there goods if I purchased them, and no one has ever got back to me? . This was a few months ago and maybe things have changed but just ask and see if you get a answer.

cheers
    Gene
    I've bought a few things from ozemstore1 and have only once received an answer to questions I've asked. Other than that, I've had no problems with what they've advertised and supplied.

Got my X2 mill from them as it was the cheapest price available even with shipping to Sydney.

Gene

Good to see you back on the board again. I think some of the smaller chinese lathes are quite flexible given their lack of mass, but then so are the smaller Southbends, Myfords etc. The larger ones seem to be quite OK, I've not had any issues with the AL320G and my brother in law runs an AL330 at work which seems to take anything he can throw at it.

Rgds - Gavin

Aye I have bought some small things from them and there prices are very competitive. I have watched a few lathes and mills go lately and the same thing there prices are cheaper then the rest.

cheers
    Gene
    Cheers
    Gene

Holden Hill Crash Repairs
    607 North East Road
    Gilles Plains South Australia 5086
    (08) 8261-3979
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by snowyskiesau View Post
    I've bought a few things from ozemstore1 and have only once received an answer to questions I've asked.
    That seems to be a recurring theme regarding them on this and other boards.

Quote Originally Posted by snowyskiesau View Post
    I've bought a few things from ozemstore1 and have only once received an answer to questions I've asked. Other than that, I've had no problems with what they've advertised and supplied.

Got my X2 mill from them as it was the cheapest price available even with shipping to Sydney.
    I also bought my X2 from Ozmestore, picked it up from their warehouse when I was In Adelaide, rang the warehouse to arrange pickup no problem.

Also bought a couple of other things from them, asked them to combine postage and they did.

Yeah, ive bought a fair bit of various stuff from Ozmestore, no real troubles with buying stuff, just communicating with them is slightly more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by j.bain87 View Post
    Go for the Hare & Forbes lathe, it's cheaper than what the other 'greedy buggers' are asking, for the EXACT same machine.

With the money you save on the purchase price, you can now buy tooling for it.

My opinion only, but why even contemplate buying a worn out old piece of junk like a hercus? About the best thing for them, is to use them as a boat anchor, they might have been a good lathe back in the second world war. BUT, times have changed and this chinese stuff is vastly superior than what a hercus ever was.

For what you'll be doing, the scary forbes lathe will last you a life time.

John
    i wouldn't totally agree here, the chinese lathes may be better in terms of condition and extras, cost. but old american iron can not be beaten in terms of rigidity.

i mean, hercus's are made of cats iron, newer ones are either folded or fabricated together, not the same