Thread: Summer temps

Default Summer temps

LOML just came home from shopping Liverpool Catholic Cub's temp reading outside 42C
    our back yard thermometer says 37C on a brick wall in the shade.

Checked Weather Channels web site for the area 38C.

We just had additional insulation installed thanks to the landlord will it has it made a difference. No due to big windows that allow internal heating from the am sun and radiant heat from steel fences and concrete.

Hope you cooler where you are, stay safe drink plenty.

Only 38.5 degree here. The brief rain did nothing to improve things.

Still trying to convince my landlord to have the insulation installed. With the size of the place, it would be completely free but he's still unconvinced. He had no problem in having the RTA replace all the windows and install a ventilation system as part of its noise abatement program. Might be time to talk to his wife

Geoff no sign of rain here but mate was on phone from Blacktown way said it was raining there about 1 1/2 ago.

Just hot winds

When the fellows where just cleaning up I asked was all done, "Yep all but over the garage" I said "Well suggest you do it to its all under the main roof and cops afternoon sun and heats the house up and its where I work". Reluctantly they did it.

I checked the insulation web site I was right they were supposed to do it. So they were going to walk away with a $90 pack in their kick. 5 houses thats close to $500 they are ripping off. Told the landlord who then said that the fellow worked for her brother she would let him know

A spot of rain at Silverwater as well. Looking bad further north from us here at Glenbrook, lots of black smoke, not a drop here.
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Just had a conversation with a mate in Hobart, she tells me it's 10 degree there at the moment..
    Might be time to migrate south.

Yesterday...42º in the shade.
    Today 18º........three spots of rain.
    Weird spider activity....last night shunted 22 Wolf spiders out of the place....(not the same one..different sizes & colours...and their name tags were different)

Strange stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Weird spider activity....last night shunted 22 Wolf spiders out of the place....(not the same one..different sizes & colours...and their name tags were different)

Strange stuff.
    spiders is bad enough Noel but 22 all with name tags I will stay clear of Avoca on our trip to Melb.

Geoff 10C right now sounds good at least you can start a fire to keep warm, cooling down is another matter even AC systems die in this heat.

Quote Originally Posted by snowyskiesau View Post
    Just had a conversation with a mate in Hobart, she tells me it's 10 degree there at the moment..
    Might be time to migrate south.
    Just stopped raining been raining since 6:00am, 37.8mm in that time and yes, a little over 10 degrees. Yesterday we had a top of around 33 degrees. I measured 35.5 on the home thermometer.

That's what I love about Tassie's weather, if it's too hot one day it will make up for it on the following day!!
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post

Strange stuff.
    Sure you haven't been hitting that redneck juice, for your birthday Noel??
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

Quote Originally Posted by KevM View Post
    Just stopped raining been raining since 6:00am, 37.8mm in that time and yes, a little over 10 degrees. Yesterday we had a top of around 33 degrees. I measured 35.5 on the home thermometer.

That's what I love about Tassie's weather, if it's too hot one day it will make up for it on the following day!!
    Seeing Tassie is way behind,that would be about June 1989 .Middle of winter
    Who said that?
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.