Default Hi from Nannup WA

Hi guys
    Just thought I would say hello and introduce myself.
    We have a small furniture Workshop/Gallery in the township of Nannup in South West of WA.
    Very busy witha 12 month waiting list on orders - all Marri and Jarrah furniture.
    Been here for around 8 years after moving down from Fremantle where we made furniture for 15 years.
    Had an email recently from an old aquantance in the US that I knew from a newsgroup that I used to play around on - this inspired me to look in on this forum and say Hi.

Phully
    (Phil Laird - The Nannup Furniture Gallery)

Well, hello back, and welcome. If you have the time I'm certain we will be happy to look at any pictures you might post. Of course, your "shed" will be of interest too although the machinery may be out of our league.
    Is WA still trying daylight saving?

soth

Hi Phil and welcome to the forum
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Welcome Phil. Were you in Market st Freo?

Welcome phil from a fellow sandgroper.
    Many moons ago I used to live in the Busselton area so remember the surrounds and Nannup well.

Cheers

Cheers Guys
    You might have to excuse me for a while as I try to figure out how working this all happens . ..

I used to be Essex St Freo as phil's Woodwork Shop - then in Norfolk St by the Luna Theatre
    We are at present building a new "Shed" in Nannup which will house our new Showroom Gallery and Workshop.
    Will be happy to post some pics - once I nut out how . . but if any one is interested in having a squiz at the sort of thing I do yo can our web is www.nannupfurnituregallery.com.au

Welcome Phil, I love the style of furniture on your website.

Any chance of some workshop photos?
    Kev

Hi Phil, I read a couple of years ago someone was making a extra large wooden geared clock to be installed at the Tourist Information Centre at Nannup, it was to be made out of Jarrah. Do you know if it got finished or was there other problems. Curious to know, regards John.

Quote Originally Posted by nine fingers View Post
    Hi Phil, I read a couple of years ago someone was making a extra large wooden geared clock to be installed at the Tourist Information Centre at Nannup, it was to be made out of Jarrah. Do you know if it got finished or was there other problems. Curious to know, regards John.
    Hi John
    Yes mate - that is correct. it was to be the largest wooden clock in the world. . . . to be an integral part of the new Telcenter / Visitor Center co-location building . ..
    And it is still being built, largely finished in component form - by a bloke by the name of Kevin Bird of The Nannup Clockworks, as nice a bloke as you are likely to find .. . .but due to a whole heap of small minded ,small town stuff it now will have to find a new home.
    Shame really as it would have been a real tourist draw card ( or draw clock. ..)

Phully

Welcome to the forum.