Hi All.
I have been a member of this forum for some time but this is my first post. I have read many, many posts and have learnt much.
I thank you all for the advice and knowledge you have shared via this site.
Some of the renovations and building projects have been inspiring.I particularly enjoy ongoing projects. I guess because that's how I see our place.. It will take me years to do it all.

A couple of favorites are............
Building progress shots - Woodwork Forums

Renovations from start to finish Part A - Woodwork Forums

My lovely SWMBO and our blended family with 5 children are renovating an old house in the lower Hunter Valley in NSW.
The house was built in 1907 and moved to its current location sometime in the 70's.It has been raised up on piers several metres above the ground due to floods in the area in the 50's. I guess if we lived further north it would be called a Queenslander? The hardwood frame (a hard as iron really) has very few nails in it with all the joints being mortised. We have been lead to believe it was possibly built by a shipwright, as they often built that way and there were plenty in the area at the time of construction.

The house has not been renovated since the 70's and was left by the previous owners in a very poor state. After cleaning up and taking care of some essential maintenance our first major Reno was the Kitchen. We actually did this work several months ago and I wanted to post as we went but I was just too busy doing the work. So over the next several weeks, time permitting, I will attempt to tell how we did it.

To start here are a few pics before we start.

Attached Thumbnails

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...