Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well you lot all seem to have it pretty good for the Christmas parties. Australia Post MAY allow us to go 5 minutes early on Christmas eve but if you want a party then join a club and pay for it yourself.

Oh yes, they closed the susidised canteen and got in sub contractors about 6 years ago.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Gee you lot have it hard. I work for myself, by myself and I'm too flamin' stingy to buy myself christmas drinks. I'd hit the boss only I gave up self flagellation for lent and got used to not having wounds. Mind you, the scars do itch a bit. I was saving up for a bottle of chrissy scotch but they had the stuff out on special in nov so I bought it then and drank it last week.

Buuuutttttt,
    back in the days when I was considered a genuine member of the public service (before they caught me working one day), our section had a christmas party every year. One year, a supervisor was observed getting very friendly with one of the drafting staff. Funnily enough, when he got the top job about six months later, this witch was promoted from lower level semi-worker to one of the ruling clique and six months after that, a special position was created that gave her similar power to his own. But nothing was going on between them ...

A friend of mine worked for a prominant building comp and was told to turn up for do xmas do or get sacked. He didn't turn up as well as one other, they both got sacked. MERRRY XMAS!
    "What a fabulous race! Barry Sheene's riding his Suzuki as though he's married to it."
    Quote/Murray Walker.

I f the boss gave you a party nowdays you would be up for fringe benefits tax. Best not to have parties.
    If you can do it - Do it! If you can't do it - Try it!
    Do both well!

Quote Originally Posted by ribot
    A friend of mine worked for a prominant building comp and was told to turn up for do xmas do or get sacked. He didn't turn up as well as one other, they both got sacked. MERRRY XMAS!

Sounds to me like an excellent opportunity for a wromgful dismissal case.
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.

We are not having a party this year, the boss said we can't afford it. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that he is taking his two kids, and his girlfriend and her three kids to England for a seven week holiday.