Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Exclamation Error in the FAQ - BBCode/vB code

I couldn't remember the BBCode for embedding an email address in a post, so went browsing through the FAQ.

Had no luck finding the part specific to BBCodes (you've changed the FAQ quite considerably since the last time I browsed it!) so I entered "BBCode" in the Search FAQ function, which came up with the attached screen. (https://www.woodworkforums.com/faq.ph...l&titlesonly=0)

Both entries have a "click here" for more info... and both those links give the following error message:

"Fatal error: Cannot use assign-op operators with overloaded objects nor string offsets in /home/woodwork/public_html/misc.php(482) : eval()'d code on line 1" (https://www.woodworkforums.com/misc.php?do=bbcode)
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

G'day Andy

I've bought this to Neil & Steven's attention so hopefully it'll be sorted soon.
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Thanks DJ. It's only a little thing, I doubt that more than a handful of people even use the FAQ.

But still...

- Andy Mc

Quote Originally Posted by Skew ChiDAMN!! View Post
    I couldn't remember the BBCode for embedding an email address in a post, so went browsing through the FAQ.

Had no luck finding the part specific to BBCodes (you've changed the FAQ quite considerably since the last time I browsed it!) so I entered "BBCode" in the Search FAQ function, which came up with the attached screen. (https://www.woodworkforums.com/faq.ph...l&titlesonly=0)

Both entries have a "click here" for more info... and both those links give the following error message:

"Fatal error: Cannot use assign-op operators with overloaded objects nor string offsets in /home/woodwork/public_html/misc.php(482) : eval()'d code on line 1" (https://www.woodworkforums.com/misc.php?do=bbcode)
    Thanks, I will look into this in a sec.
    Steve
    --
    Woodwork Forums
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

Code all seems to be there but something's gone left handed. I'll leave it to Steven for now to see what he comes up with.

I direct around 30-40 email enquiries a week to FAQ so it does get a bit of a hiding mostly newbies who have never used anything like this before. Its a mess but does help.

Hi there

I'm 100% sure the problem is caused by a plugin the forum is running. I'll work out a solution tomorrow with neil.

regards
    Steve
    --
    Woodwork Forums
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

Problem appears to be with the side column add on but that's staying as there are too many people using it, especially the Your Stuff bit.

Skew - I changed your editor to WYSIWYG which is the default setting. This way you don't need the codes as it's all done with the icons above the typing area.

To embed an email like THIS ONE highlight the words then click on the icon and enter the address Much the same for everything else. Hovering over any of the icons should tell you what they do.

Hope this helps.

Cheers - Neil

Thanks Neil. But I changed it back; I'm used to it and it's quicker to type the codes than to move my hand over to the mouse... I should've thought of using the edit bar icons for myself. Even if only the once, to see what code was gen'd.

The side column add-on, eh? I knew there was a reason I didn't like it, apart from being a fusspot who doesn't like change.

- Andy Mc