Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Facebook Virus Warning

Facebook users warned of wall worm

Posted 1 hour 42 minutes ago

There are reports of a worm spreading on Facebook, hijacking wall posts and threatening to compromise users' computer security.
    The worm is similar to one that infected accounts on microblogging site Twitter earlier this week, according to reports on the US-based social media blog Mashable.
    Users can be vulnerable if they click a link in their news feed which appears to be from a friend.
    The text before the link reads: "lmao! i cant stop laughing at you in this pic, when did you do this?"
    Mashable's Ben Parr recommends people do not click the link.
    Parr says people who have already clicked it should "immediately change [their] password, delete all of the malware posts, and post a warning to not visit the link in question".
    Facebook is a global social networking site that allows users to add friends, send them messages, and share content such as photos.
    The worm appears to capitalise on the common practice of uploading potentially embarrassing photos of one's "friends" to the platform.

There has been so many rumours about virus's on facebook over time, one doesn't know what to think any more. doesn't worry me cos I don't use facebook. Most of the earlier virus warnings have turned out to be a hoax. Buy, hey, why take chances.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John