I recently painted my roof with solver duraguard and it came out really good. so much so my neighbour decided to paint his roof also.

He brought the same color paint but then decided he would like it a bit darker so he rang solver and they told him to pop in and they would add some black tint to the paint. which he did.

I saw the poor bloke up the with his mate painting away in the morning and they finished about 3:30 pm.

The next morning it turned a blue color and run down the tiles and colorbond. I thought to myself, what a nightmare. I went over for a chat in the afternoon and the paint was still wet!!

To me it looked like the paint didn't dry and the dew got into it and made it run. I'm not sure what the cause was because they did paint it during the day (I was painting mine at 6pm). my only explanination would be too much tint in the paint as it was already tinted and they added quite a lot of black, thus making the paint no dry. Even 24 hours later it was still wet. ( supposed to be touch dry in 30 min)

Anyway, he rang solver and they came out straight away and had a look, the rep took a sample and a few days later had all the paint replaced free of charge!!

They even offered him a more expensive commercial grade roof paint for free but he decided to stick with the duraguard.

I just have to give solver some brownie points for their service, i don't think many paint companies would do that same.

Well done Solver !!

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...