Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Ready for Action

Gidday All

I'm the new guy in the forums and am looking forward to a long association with those familiar with wood. I have just bought a house after living in rented accommodation and until recently a unit which I owned and renovated, but involving only paint, carpets, bathroom redo and a quick kitchen makeover. The new house, which is actually the old family home, is now a bit run down and needs new decking, balustrades, carport, shed, kids cubby house - the list goes on! I am a compulsive person and until the new purchase was an avid online poker player, and a winning player too. Not talking retirement amounts of money but enough to get a few man toys outside the family budget.

So the poker account is closed and and the tool account is open, and I am looking at getting the full house (or should I say the full shed) of tools and getting my hands dirty. I work in graphics so pictures and plans etc are fairly familiar but much of the doing work is new to me. I am a firm believer of doing a job right and doing it once. So after much research I have purchased a Dewalt 12" Sliding Compound Mitre Saw and am now in the market for a Paslode Gas Nailer and unsure of which one would be a good allrounder! Any comments as to which might suit greatly appreciated.

Anyway - enough of my babble. Thanks for reading and for any advice you might have.

May all your cuts be straight, you levels true and your joints tight

Cheers
    Wayno

G'day MaMMoth and welcome to the cubby.

Boy are you going to have fun!, and no need to think of excuses for buy GOOD tools.

G'day and welcome Wayne. Seems you have a workload to envy with the renovations.

soth

Welcome to the forum.

You have such inspiring words.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John