Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post

ps didjya get it in the post?
    Nah, think it must be something real big, probably coming by truck or rail. Must be a hold up. Could be coming from Gippsland, hope it hasn't got wet.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Angry Rant

Have a look at your phone bills. On the back is a paragraph stating (essentially) that don't worry about the do not call register, we will still contact you about products and services.

I called them up and asked for an explanation; which was poorly given "oh, err, we are not an overseas telemarketer so we're able to call you even if your name is on the list" . My response is best left at "bite me".

By now not happy about this at all, I called the Do Not Call people (yeah, I know, ironic isn't it ) .

The guy on the phone said that is not correct, all telemarketers are excluded , however, if you are an existing customer of a company they can legitimately contact you (telemarket).

Interrupt here by, you guessed it - no caller id
    "Hello?"
    "Hi there, Mr Xxxx is it? How are you this evening?"
    "Actually, you've caught me at a good time, who is this?"
    "Ah, I am (unlucky lacky) from The Heritage Group, can I ..."
    "how do you spell that?"
    "spell it?"
    "yes, you called me just when I am writing to the donotcall register people, now I can add you to the list without another letter!"
    "errr, ah"
    "hello (unlucky lacky), how do you spell it again"
    "I am so sorry sir, I'll remove you from our list..."
    "I'm sure you will (unlucky lacky), perhaps your supervisor can spell it for me, please put him on"
    "ugh, sure"
    "hello"
    "I am on the list, why are you calling me"
    "oh look sir, the company RPData has not cleaned up their lists yet so we are doing it on our own as we call!"
    "Really, why not do that before you call?"
    "um"
    "I'll be reporting you, have a nice night!"

I reported them. BTW, check the complaint page so you know what information you will need to get on them.
    So, back on track, the DNC register applies to ALL telemarketers it seems, EXCEPT those that have you as an existing customer. Which means - be very careful from now on who you give your details to when you buy something, and, if you do, tell them to take you off their contact lists. You need to also tell your telco to remove you from their marketing list, and any other company you are a customer of.

RANT #2
    A friend sent an email to me asking for sponsorship for an around the Bay bike ride. No problem, so I went to the site and began making the transaction, but wait - why do they want my address and email? Hmm, what does the privacy policy say "we do not pass on your details to anyone else and only collect information necessary for our purposes" - whaaat?

In plain speak, is it because when you make a donation they will capture your address and email and spam you, because they now know who you are and you donate money? If I select the option that says do not contact me these fields remain as required. If I say "no tax receipt", they are still there.

I think he is riding for the fun of it this year unless I can figure out a cash payment or someone can explain why they need that information for a simple credit card transaction..

Had an email back from the DNC register re my complaint, saying that because the legislation has just come in, they are starting out warning businesses, but will prosecute repeat offences.

Had another call from a bloke trying to flog a shonky finance scheme, thinly disguised as 'market research', which they are allowed to do.

One of these days I'm going to jump down the phone and throttle one of these barstewards.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post

One of these days I'm going to jump down the phone and throttle one of these barstewards.

Exactly what they deserve.

Let me know when the tickets go on sale - as this is one I wouldn't want to miss.

VERY IMPORTANT

If you made a submission to the do not call regeister discussion paper.

all your details and eveything on the paper are posted in the open including your Name Address, telephone number and email address

At www.dbcde.gov.au.

googling your name will probably be the easiest way to find this

Thats how I found it.

ring the minister on 02 6277 7480 the hon Steven Conroy

Oh what happy news.

cheers
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.
    Abrasives can be just as dangerous as a blade.....and 10 times more painfull.

Never ever do surveys. They disect that info and categorise you. Do you own your own home. No then you get call after call about how to reduce your mortgage. Yes then you get investment seminars and borrow off your equity calls. Tell the beggers nothing and your rubbish calls start to dry up. The othger response is, "Oh sorry can you wait a moment I must go to the toilet' and leave them hanging for 10 minutes, It all helps.

Im happy to do the questionnaires. eg. How old are you? Im 26, How many children are there in the house? 187, what?... well you've rung the school duckhead.....

Ive also never had the followup quality control call, Im waiting for one of those. What did you think of Jim, "great, we're meeting at the wall next weekend, wanna join us?"

You can tell these people anything, playtime actually.
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

No No this is not a telephone survey this is a response to a government consultation process.

cheers
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.
    Abrasives can be just as dangerous as a blade.....and 10 times more painfull.

Wasn't aware they were doing this survey, but had a look at it and they aren't asking the questions they should be, so I'll just have to ring Conroy. Tell him to make the DNC register applicable to politicians, charities and 'social researchers'.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook