Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Justice In Melbourne - A Joke

An eye for an eye - Not in Melbourne (The Place To Be If You Are A Criminal).

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...5-2862,00.html

Thumbs down

The law sir, is an ass!

Calm is offline Stubby Owner and proud of it. Now coming back to Earth.:D

Not making excuses for him but he was extremely unlucky - all he PROBABLY DID was answer his phone while driving. Have a look aorund you and see how many people are talking on phones, wearing headsets, changing cd's or women applying makeup/ doing hair while driving.

I am not making excuses for him but he just got caught big time. I see these things all the time and am surprised some one hasn't gone through a school or pedestrian crossing or something and cleaned up a lot of people.

The road is a place to do only one thing and that is drive a car/truck - the trouble with a lot of drivers is like anything else "familiarity breeds contempt" and i know i am as guilty as anyone on this one - when you drive up to 14 hours a day 6 days a week it is so easy that you think "it wont happen to me" well sometimes you get it wrong and big time.

There are 2 examples that come to mind in Victoria the Kerang train and the Burnley tunnel.

Before you go off your head at me defending truck drivers - what did the drunk with a kid on his knee who killed 6 teenagers in Mildura get? He ran off , left his kids and didnt even offer help to the ones he hit.

Cheers
    regards

David

"Tell him he's dreamin."
    "How's the serenity" (from "The Castle")

I'm going to go against the tide here and write that I think the bloke has been done wrongly and someone needed a scapegoat.

A truck was broken down in front of him, where was he meant to go?

Would things have been any different? Maybe or maybe not. He with everyone else was in a tunnel with no where to go.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Calm is offline Stubby Owner and proud of it. Now coming back to Earth.:D

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    A truck was broken down in front of him,.............. ........................
    This i agree with - a puncture and not on the steer tyres - this is the bloke who should be in jail for stupidity - WHY WOULD YOU STOP IN A TUNNEL UNLESS YOU HAD TOO.

cheers
    regards

David

"Tell him he's dreamin."
    "How's the serenity" (from "The Castle")

What gets me about things like this are when people make quotes like:
    "There's just no justice in it. No justice whatsoever. It's just ruined a lot of people's lives," she said outside.
    and are given support.

It's not the death of their loved ones that "ruined their lives." It's not the accident. Oh no. It's that the driver only got two years jail. As though that would make their lives any easier.

What she's really upset about is "There's no vengeance in it. No vengeance whatsoever."

Which ain't surprising; our courts aren't set up to dispense vengeance. Or justice for that matter. They're there purely to administer the law.

And, yes, the law is an ass.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

If you were a relative of the truck driver you would think it's a bit rough for a slight error of judgment. If you were a relative of one of the men he caused the death of, you would think it is not enough. I'm glad it's not me making these choices; but often I think I'd do a better job.

If you have ever driven a truck you would know that cars dont give you room to brake. You leave enough space and 2 cars will fill it. So you drive without enough space to brake every time you drive. People want things cheaper so you drive longer and faster. To make a living, you have to. . The Melbourne tunnels require a truck to go as fast as they can down to get up the other side. If that is not so the tunnel would be smoked out. So if you stop with a flat the chances are you will be hit. That accident could happen again given someone parking in the middle

Accidents happen. If I were a relative of a deceased it wouldn't change what I posted. Things happen, sad as they be but there was no malicious intent.

The nature of tunnels is there is no where to go if you have to. The tunnel disaster in Switzerland? is the best example of the worst that has happened so far.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au