Thread: Clear resin

Default Clear resin

I am looking to make clocks using burl slices. I am after the names of some good product to fill and coat my slices before turning them into clocks.

What i require is some sort of high gloss 2 pack self leveling resin that i can use to fill holes and cracks before turning my slices into clocks, tables or even some sort of lazy susan please.

any help will be apreciated

thanks Ian

Hey Ian,

I use a product called 'Enviro-Tec' it's a 2 pack resin that self levels and also finds the smallest leak in any structure, I have found that once the surface has been sanded to the desired finish I put down a coat of diluted (50:50 Glue / Water) PVA Glue, this seals up any potential leaks and also makes the Grain pop out. 'Enviro-Tec is also good for natural edge tables and such, as it will hang over the edge and stay thick. I get mine from Fibre Glass and Resin sales in Perth, but any decent paint supplier should be able to get it for you.

There is a product that Bunny's sells called 'Glass Cote' or similar that is supposed to be the same as Enviro-Tec, Haven't used any so can't comment on that.

Good Luck.

HazzaB
    It's Hard to Kick Goals, When the Ba^$%##ds Keep moving the Goal Posts.

Check out my Website www.harrybutlerdesigns.com.au

thanks hazza i was unable to get the enviro-tech stuff where i tried in Newcastle but did manage to get similar stuff called Perfect Gloss and will let youknow how it goes. It seems alot like Glass coat but is a 1-1 product.

thanks for your help
    Cheers Ian