Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Welcome Fred, and a very nice display of your fine skills. It is great to hear of folk such as you who can actually make a living at woodwork - I know there are quite a few on this forum. But for many of us it would be a bit daunting to try to earn a living at it. Look forward to hearing more about your work and experimentation with new methods and styles.

Default Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost2 View Post
    Welcome Fred, and a very nice display of your fine skills. It is great to hear of folk such as you who can actually make a living at woodwork - I know there are quite a few on this forum. But for many of us it would be a bit daunting to try to earn a living at it. Look forward to hearing more about your work and experimentation with new methods and styles.
    I just came into woodworking about eight years ago and turned it from a hobby to a profession after my first year. However, it was sheer luck that this happened as I ran into my now business partner in a local Starbucks. See the cost of the coffee was well worth it. Anyway, we just hit it off and visited each other's shops and went from there. We have no website, no cards and do no advertising. The last three months have been the first time in seven years w have not had work and luckily that just changed. I feel incredibly lucky in that I love what I do to such an extent that it never feels like work. Thank you for the very nice compliments and let me just say that you can start slowly if you have another job and work your way into it.

Fred