Hello,

I bought a Craftsman 12 inch bandsaw (224000) over a year ago, and now that I have more experience with bandsaws and have gotten to know this one, I can see that the bottom pulley does not stick out far enough for the blade to track exactly in the center of it. When i noticed this today, I thought that maybe I had changed something, but have now confirmed that there is no way to adjust either the top or bottom pulley, so I couldn't have ever caused this. The blade is centered fine on the top pulley, but on the bottom pulley the blade is close to the edge. With a 1/2 inch blade, the teeth are right on the edge of the rubber lining on the pulley.

I hadn't noticed this before, but today I was reading about "drift" in resawing and its causes. One of the causes is poor tracking and the blade should be centered because the rubber lining on the pulley is not flat but has a hump to it. On my bandsaw, the bottom pulley would have to come out another 1/8" to 3/16" for the blade to ride it correctly as it does on the top pulley. I've taken the pulley shaft off and looked at it and I think I could have a machinist turn it so that it fits correctly. The only problem I can think of would be that I would then also have to adjust the motor pulley on its shaft. Although the motor pulley is adjustable, it looks like I might not be able to move it out a full 3/16" without running out of shaft in the spot where the hex key screw locks down on the shaft.

Is this a known issue with this bandsaw? Has anyone else with this saw noticed the same problem?

Thank you.