Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default warning - medical tests

I've only ever posted in 'doing' forums before and this is my first 'being' post!
    I very recently went for a pre-employment medical. Part of this was a urine test and these tests are now done, there and then, by putting test strips into the sample and reading colour codes to get the results. There was an "anomaly" in my case that required the sample to go to a lab. It was presumed that this anomaly was due to my asthma medication, Luckily for me, the doctor, who I know, rang me a few days later to tell me that I had opiates in my sample which prompted the comment that he knew I was a slow working dope but he didn't think I was taking slow working dope!
    After a quick think, I remembered that I had taken Nurofen recently because I had torn a knee ligament in the City to Surf. I hadn't thought of Nurofen as a 'medication' even though it was doing a terrific job on my knee and I hadn't declared it. I now know that Nurofen Plus contains codeine and was responsible for the opiates in the sample. If the doctor hadn't known and rung me, I could have easily just quietly NOT got the job and never known why.
    Nurofen plus is good stuff BUT declare it at any medical!
    fletty

At 60 must are Fletty..................slowing down making them slow working dopes

Shows that these medicals can assume much, decided ones fate due to that assumption, then tag you for the rest of your life.

I will be passing this information on to all I know who take Nurofen or should I just stare & knowing what I now know.

Your Dr deserves a Bottle of the good stuff for his quick thinking.

I wonder with the new drug road side tests what will come of this.