Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Question Who hates paperwork?

If you do then donīt come to Brasil!! the hours the wife and I have spent since we arrived here in chasing paper has been astonishing. The main culprits are those to do with government departments.

For instance, I was granted permanent residency by the Brasilian Embassy in Australia. That was just the beginning. On arriving here I had to report to the Federal police to have everything recognised and notarised so that I could get my ID card,

Went to local Policia Fedrale and was refused entry becuase I was wearing Bermudas.
    Home, change, back. Policia Federale didnīspeak to me, but to the wife! I may as well not have been there!
    Then the fun began. 4 more trips to and from the station with different pieces of paperwork. Finally all was done and as we left the station the fellow raced after us and called us back _ heīd forgotten to sign my passport!!

That is nothing compared to the farce surrounding the purchase of a second hand car.
    It has taken a week of paper chasing at alevel anyone would find hard to credit.Over here fines are registered against the car and not the owner, so imagine the mess this can create once the car changes hands. In our case it was only one fine. Then there is the resolution of promisory notes, bank or other finance payments, the trasnfer of registration and the proof that both parties are who they say they are.

All of this requires trips to several different agencies and banks. The time taken is incredible.

I will NEVER complain about Australian Paperwork again!

So they were taught by Centerlink

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    So they were taught by Centerlink
    Centrelink is a babe in the woods compared to ANYTHING here.

Wife went in this morning to enquire about her brasilian "superannuation".She has all the evidence that she has paid into the fund and that is acknowledged BUT:

for the last several years she was here she was in business with a partner. On moving to Ausrtralia her half was solod to her partner and the partnership disolved. All done by the book.All monies were paid into the fund but now they want Proof of thew establishment and dissolution of the company , otherwise the government simply keeps that money that she paid in.

Another round of paperchasing begins.

OH - and I was not allowed to wear shorts into the building. Apparently this is a law with all Federal buildings and organizations.

Arthur, I had the same experience by visiting Mexico in 2004.
    A lot of trouble, a lot of paperwork started already in the plane by filling in papers.
    Not enough, more papers to fill in by arrival in mexico city, a lot to explain about my destination, simply these folks don't wanted tourist, at least that's what I found.
    So for me Holland forever, despite the Dutch are complaning about there government
    Cheers, Ad