This is the job.
The veranda in the photo is tiles over particle board. You can't see the height of the roof but it is high and I can tell you it gets rain and you can guess the state of the particle board below the tiles, for about one meter from the edge. Joists are ordinary Oregon 8x2 on steel bearers.

Now I could rip it all off and do a deck in nice wide hardwood... However... the problem is that below the veranda there is a patio we use, to have lunch during hot summer days and a decking with wide gaps will give a shower of dirt in our food every time someone walks on it. Not good.

I would like to ask for some alternative ideas. Discarding anything with gaps.
So...can hardwood decking material be laid with no gaps, considering it will get some rain?
If I had to stick to tiles, I know I can use compressed fibro 19mm. Yet I have used this material for my home toilet and kitchen and it is horribly heavy. I need to replace at least 7 sheet and I shudder at the idea of handling that stuff even with help which I don't have.
Alternatively is there such thing as some plastic material that can get water?
They make that horrible plastic decking boards, may be they do some plastic flooring thingo? Or some real water proofed particle board? May be I can paint it to death and then use that rubber glue for the tiles and some real tough grouting?
Hum...why not plastic decking material stuck close together with some silicone in between? Plastic will not swell with rain that's for sure !
Any ideas welcome.

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...