Hi all,

Hoping to start waterproofing the ensuite reno next week and just trying to make sure I have it all straight in my mind. Have couple of question areas:

1. Shower Base
We have a poly marble preformed shower base in place and I'm just wondering about how I waterproof the edges up to this - ie. the wall-base junction, as well as the join where the gyprock (aquachek) sits on the flange on the inside of the base. For the floor-base junction do I need to use any poly cloth/mesh or an aluminium edge or can I simply paint the membrane onto the floor up to the silicon around the bottom of the base? Likewise for the gyprock edge - can we just paint it above the silicon or do I need a flashing of some kind - can't quite see how this would work. Also wondering if I even need to paint the walls above the base (other than any joints and the corner of course), as AS3740 only seems to specify water resistant not water proof for preformed bases.

2. Painting over waterproofing
Is this possible? Just trying to work out how we deal with the door architrave. Should we waterproof behind and then attached prepainted architrave or can I put the architrave on, waterproof the bottom 25mm and then paint over it? My instincts tell me that the first idea is probably right, but would appreciate confirmation!!

Thanks for your help!!

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...