I recently looked at a Spotted Gum floor (130mm boards) that the owner laid and secretly nailed over chipboard that has since shrunk and cupped badly. There are gaps of between about 5-10 mm. that have opened up throughout the entire floor. If I do the job (he wants me to, nobody else will) I'm wondering which of the above two products to use for filling. The cupping I can sand level, but the gaps are another matter.
I know I normally carry on about the futility of filling gaps but in this case the owner insists. If there was more work around at the moment I probably wouldn't take the job but I need the money and am prepared to do the best I can.
I can trowel, probably twice, Timbermate but I know it won't stay put indefinately.
Sikaflex seems like the best option. Trouble is, to the best of my knowledge it only comes in black or white, I've never used it on a floor before, it's very dear and I don't know how much I'll need. Can you buy it in sausages and how many am I likely to need to cover 60 sq. metres? Will it stay in place any longer than Timbermate which is much cheaper and easier to apply?

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...