Default Painting over render

Hello

I have a rendered house which was finished in Uni-Trowel Décor™ 333, which is an acrylic product.

The colour is vivid white. We then poured our driveway and we have some marks on some of the walls. I tried to touch them up with the render but you can see the spots where I’ve touched up in direct sunlight.

I need to either re-render the wall or paint the wall. I am thinking I’ll roll the wall in the same colour.
    I don’t want to roll the whole front of the house, I will be stopping where the wall meets a corner or an expansion joint.

Has anyone ever rolled over this or a similar product? What type of paint did you use? What nap roller? Is there a noticeable difference between walls that are rolled vs walls that are not?

I haven't rolled that product, but others, and undoubtedly it will look different eg gloss level, somewhat filling low points in the texture etc. The super fussy would paint the whole wall or render again, less fussy would touch up with vivid white and/or grow some strategic plants

Thanks for the reply. Never thought about the texture and sheen. The marks are actually from using the gernie with too much force lol. It has left lines in the render, mainly where it has cleaned the dirt off etc. any tips for cleaning this off instead of going down the resurfacing road

Hmmm lines in the render would be tricky. Maybe some photos might help (but yeah, the issue may not come up well on camera)

Quote Originally Posted by astur View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Never thought about the texture and sheen. The marks are actually from using the gernie with too much force lol. It has left lines in the render, mainly where it has cleaned the dirt off etc. any tips for cleaning this off instead of going down the resurfacing road
    Try a sugar soap wash first.
    Use bucket and soft broom.
    I would suggest you don't use a roller on it due to bubbles forming in the paint.
    See it a lot here on the coast when walls repainted especially on unit blocks.
    Best to spray it with acrylic low sheen.
    That is what we did when we got tired of looking at the off white/cream rock coat.
    Been painted for 4 years now with no sign of problems.

edit...By spray I mean an airless spray unit.

I have a rough render exterior, more like shot-crete/pebblecrete than render
    anyway, what I learnt was, roller is a waste of time, and brush was time consuming and still couldn't get all the crevices.
    next time (soon) I will spray.

the other thing I leant was to use a flat paint, mine is also vivid white.
    (I did try a small spray can but they don't come in flat and the difference was very obvious).

Thanks for the replies - sounds like painting is a no go. With the sugar soap, you just spray this stuff on and let it sit then scrub off? Is there any tricks with it? Just want to avoid wasting time if anyone has any tips lol

Quote Originally Posted by astur View Post
    Thanks for the replies - sounds like painting is a no go. With the sugar soap, you just spray this stuff on and let it sit then scrub off? Is there any tricks with it? Just want to avoid wasting time if anyone has any tips lol
    No you don't spray it.
    Read the directions when you get it.
    Mix it in a bucket of warm water and wash the wall.