Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default need idea how to tile through this 4mm step down

i have a step down of around 3-5mm along its length of 2m at a door way, as i was drawing this diagram i thought of a solution, the tile that is at the bottom of the step i could grind a mitre on that side and put a bit more glue under the front mitred side to bring it up to the level of the tile at the top of the step so there is a small slope coming down to meet the bottom level.
    anyone else think of abetter way??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wozzzzza View Post
    i have a step down of around 3-5mm along its length of 2m at a door way, as i was drawing this diagram i thought of a solution, the tile that is at the bottom of the step i could grind a mitre on that side and put a bit more glue under the front mitred side to bring it up to the level of the tile at the top of the step so there is a small slope coming down to meet the bottom level.
    anyone else think of abetter way??
    How wide is your grout line? You may not even need to grind the tile edge. But yeah that is the way to do it even if you have to grind the back edge down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mic-d View Post
    How wide is your grout line? You may not even need to grind the tile edge. But yeah that is the way to do it even if you have to grind the back edge down a bit.
    around 4mm