Thread: Help!!!

Default Help!!!

Midnight Thursday 17 Oct 2024: and not one new post for the entire day except for this one.

I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm flogging a dead horse here.

The protests from members when it was shut down, by that other mob
    were huge, almost calling for violence. I gave it a new home and have bent over backwards to do everything possible to keep it running, but it's a bit like flogging a dead horse.

Any one got any bright ideas to maybe help make this thing
    rise
    like the phoenixfrom it's barely smouldering ashes.
    pheonix.gif
    ANY and all suggestions will be looked at and where possible be acted on.

I hate to say this but it costs to keep something like this up and running and I can't keep shoving money into it without it working and at least making enough income to help itself keep up and running.

I've invested quite a few hundred hours and many $'s into it since throwing out the life line. Steven has also invested many hours in it along with DJ who's always keeping an eye out and also ivvested many many hours of his time.

So as per above, any and all suggestions which may be of help would be greatly appreciated and most welcomed.

Cheers - Neil

Most things go through cycles. Sit back and relax. With the warmer weather almost upon us, activity may increase as folks begin new projects.

its hard because you're now competing against youtube (and to lesser extents social media groups) for when people want renovation help. much easier to watch a youtube video the open up and post on a forum and possibly wait a day or two for answer.

I used to frequent a toyota soarer forum, but its now the same as here, totally dead as most people now ask questions and follow along in one of the soarer dedicated facebook groups. I would assume there are similar home improvement groups where its really quick to post and really quick to get an answer.

SO unsure if you can join as many of those facebook groups as you can and just spam the forum web address so people know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by havabeer69 View Post
    ... when people want renovation help. much easier to watch a youtube video the open up and post on a forum and possibly wait a day or two for answer...t.
    I blame them young folk
    they want instant gratification
    and you can spend days sorting out the rubbish on utube.

don't get FB where the same questions are asked time and time and time again ...
    searching is useless
    and most groups don't use Files/Albums to store researched info.