PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, Ash here

ashcook
21st June 2009, 12:53 PM
G'day all!

Thought I would sign on up, looks very interesting and very helpful.

My name is Ash, live near Newcastle, am towards the end of my Teaching/Design Technology degree and have 3 kids with a 4th due in 7 weeks.

At this very moment I am waiting in between clear coats on my current timber project. I've designed and built a Motorbike rocker. Its bit of a special one, with way too many hours put in. It is for my last major uni project but it is for my little daughter. I can't find my USB thing to upload any photo's but will do later if anyone out there is interested.

As I'm close to finishing uni, I'm looking at getting more into the wood side of things as a career instead of the teaching. I love woodwork, always have and uni has provided the chance to build a couple of very nice projects.

It can be tricky at times to find the right bit of advice, so hopefully this site may answers some of those tricky questions.

Anyway, thats a quick one about me. Nice to meet you all!

cheers,

Ash

ashcook
21st June 2009, 08:44 PM
I just put up some pics of my mentioned project

http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=99129

cheers,

Ash

munruben
21st June 2009, 11:20 PM
Hi Ash and welcome to the forum

Claw Hama
21st June 2009, 11:49 PM
Welcome Ash, thats one very funky bike for a very lucky little girl. Great work.

Christos
21st June 2009, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I say and I saw the motorcycle photos. :U

ashcook
22nd June 2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes fellas!

Welcome Ash, thats one very funky bike for a very lucky little girl. Great work.

Thanks mate! She is one pretty special little girl, so its all worth it.

wheelinround
22nd June 2009, 10:42 AM
Ash if this is what you can rock up to class with your design/tech students are going to be impossible to keep their heads from being in the clouds it opens possibilities for them great work.

Shame the damn sstem is going to be the one to stem the flow.

ashcook
22nd June 2009, 11:49 AM
Ash if this is what you can rock up to class with your design/tech students are going to be impossible to keep their heads from being in the clouds it opens possibilities for them great work.

Shame the damn sstem is going to be the one to stem the flow.

The further I get into my degree the more I like designing and working with timber and doing my own thing. Teaching will be a good thing to have as a backup as there is a short supply of casual teachers and the pay is reasonably good.

Two years ago when I did a prac at a high school I got all my year 8 students to make a little wooden chopper. They had a great time doing it and they got to customise a few things like the seat, guards and handlebars. So it was a cool little project.

artme
24th June 2009, 07:50 PM
G'day Ash. Good to have you here.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

A Quick optic at your work suggests we are in for some really special stuphph.

ashcook
24th June 2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks artme!

Already have learned some helpful tips from this site already, don't know why I hadn't found it sooner.

*Kev
24th June 2009, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Ash.

That's a fantastic bike you're building there :2tsup::2tsup:

Another talented Novacastrian :D

Cheers, kev

ashcook
24th June 2009, 08:19 PM
Thank Kev!

I've noticed there are a few Newie guys on here, great to see.