PDA

View Full Version : China Wood Oil on new jarrah floor

Robo
9th February 2009, 04:41 PM
Hi

I have just laid a new jarrah floor. I plan to sand and finish it with Feast and Watson China Wood Oil. The floor boards were classed as fully featured meaning they have a number of knots/holes in them. The company I purchased the boards from sold me a two part product they call feature highlighter. You mix this product and pour it into the knot holes and it sets clear glass like, sand it level with the boards then apply the top finishing coat. They recommended Estapol gloss. I'd rather use China Wood Oil for ease of application and matt finish (won't shows scratches and much easier to repair). Just want to know if the China Wood Oil is compatible with the two part feature highlighter. I don't want to put it on and find those spots bubble of something.

1.Has anyone had any experience with such a product as the feature highlighter?
2. Has anyone had any experience with the China Wood Oil? I'm only going by the Feast and Watson website that it is the easiest of the finishes to apply.
3. Does anyone know who would be the cheapest supplier of China Wood Oil in Adelaide?

Cheers
Robo:)

Tung tied
13th February 2009, 12:34 PM
Hi Robo,

No experience with the feature enhancer but there's a guy on ebay (forgotten his details but will try to dig them up) who flogs off Tung oil at half the price of bunnies, around $15 / litre in various sizes. Will post the details when I get home away from the company firewall.

Cheers

Bryan

Tung tied
14th February 2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Robo,

Sorry couldn't find him on ebay. :no: Must have sold all he had.

Cheers

Bryan