PDA

View Full Version : Lime washing suggestions

intooit
3rd February 2009, 11:36 PM
Hi how are we all today,
I'm in the middle of getting a beautiful kitchen for our house and the bench tops are peach cedar slabs and below the bench the draws are all going to be pine .
And what i want to do is white wash the lower section but because the pine is so light the white wash effect just looks like undercoat so I have been playing with a few bits of off cuts and i stained my first one twice with Nordic teak stain and then twice of white wash and gently sanded it back so it had that rough rustic look and its good .
But my question is should i stain it the same {or as close as} to the peach cedar or is there another method of darkening the timber that i don't know of i just don't want it to look miss matched. what would all you experts suggest can you please help this. Just dont want it to look like wearing stone washed jeans with a light blue demin jacket. please help me :2tsup:

Cheers folks....

RufflyRustic
4th February 2009, 09:13 PM
Hi intooit

The only thing I can suggest, is keep testing your finish on scraps until you get the colour you want. Test every step of your finish so that when you are ready to finish the pine cabinets, you are pretty darn sure you will get what you are after.

Good luck!

Wendy