PDA

View Full Version : Halverston style 32"

Halvorsen style
30th December 2008, 10:19 PM
G'day all,
My name is Dave i have purchased a 32 foot Halverston style boat called Rajah.
She was built in the late 1930's as a Gentlemans launch.
I have a dream of making this a very comfortable bay cruiser. I am after as much information on this boat as possible,Original style,etc as internals of this boat have been removed. I have a real passion for wood work and would like to achieve my dream with this boat. I am based in Melbourne........

Cheers Dave :2tsup:

chippy 71
31st December 2008, 12:04 AM
Welcome!:2tsup:

Dave, why don't you contact Halvorsens in Sydney and ask if they can help.

Good luck.

Colin

artme
31st December 2008, 06:58 AM
G'day hs and welcome to the forums.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Plenty of info here on almost anything so make good use of it and have fun.

Pheonix
31st December 2008, 11:33 AM
You are in the wrong forum for model boats 32 inch boats would fall into that category
Most of Halvorsens boats are now made in Taiwan.Try adressing your problem to either Trig or Magnus Halvorsen in Sydney

Ed Reiss
31st December 2008, 01:09 PM
Welcome Dave!

Should that be a 32 foot boat?:?

marker
31st December 2008, 02:01 PM
Dave
Here is a site that lists information on Halvorsen boats and links for an owners club and books available.I believe the National Maritime Museum in Sydney holds a lot of the Halvorsen archives. Is there a builder's plate on the boat with a number as there is a register of vessels built 1925-1976 in the book "Wooden Boats, Iron Men The Halvorsen Storey" by Randi Svensen. Good luck.
Mark
http://www.boatregister.net/HalvorsenList.htm

munruben
31st December 2008, 09:16 PM
Wow that is quite a project. Welcome to the forum.

Halvorsen style
31st December 2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome,sorry for typing error, she's a 32 foot boat.Rajah is still moored at pittwatter and has a solid deck and hull the side walls and roof need restoration the previous owner sanded all the side walls and left them raw ?????50% of the interior has been removed this is a serious project i have taken on i realise this but i believe i can achieve this with lots of research friends and patience, not to menton money but i am prepared the put in the hard yards i am in no rush and hope to get as much info from experienced people and boaties as possible my first question is i need to find a temporary mooring in newport (pittwater) as i have to move it asap. I plan to move it down to Melbourne on a semi in a couple of months still deciding the best place for restoration any info on this will be greatly appreciated happy new years to all

Cheers hs :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Tumzara
5th February 2009, 06:47 PM
I build at a place called The Wooden Boat Centre in Docklands. Big shed full of enthusiasts/dreamers/fools therefore plenty of encouragement and advice (Can't vouch for the advise). Rent is paid based on floor space. Possibility of wet berth outside door with access to shed. If you are interested send me a PM. I will give you the contact details or look it up at www.woodenboatcentre.com.au (http://www.woodenboatcentre.com.au) . Good Luck.