PDA

View Full Version : g'day

dennyom
22nd December 2008, 12:33 PM
Dennis from near St. Paul, Minnesota, the frozen north central USA.

Just geting started in woodworking, not sure what direction I'll go with it yet.

Bluegum
22nd December 2008, 02:24 PM
Hey mate welcome aboard, you will find plenty of good honest info in here which should help you decide where you want to go and how you plan to get there.:2tsup:

old pete
22nd December 2008, 02:54 PM
G'day mate,

You're a bloody long way from the nearest blue gum at Ipswich. I'm down here in Tassie with blue gum all around although in nearly 40 years in the trade i've only made one piece of furniture from Eucalypt timber. I stick to the special species we have here, that way you get good value from your time. old pete:doh:

munruben
22nd December 2008, 04:47 PM
Welcome dennyom. nice to have you on board.

jerryc
22nd December 2008, 05:13 PM
G'Day Dennyom.

Glad to hear from you. Nice weather you are having at present. Of course it depends on your point of view. Here today in Victoria it's 35 degrees Celcius, that's degrees 95 fahrenheit on your scale. But for both of us it means not much work in the workshop.

Jerry

Ed Reiss
23rd December 2008, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the forums Dennis!:2tsup:

....and a big "Thanks a lot" for sending all that wonderful freezing Minni-ha-ha weather this way:q:U

artme
26th December 2008, 10:18 PM
G'day dennyom and welcome, a warm welcome just to help you with the winter chills over there.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Which direction? All of 'em are good so spin the bottle.

Ad de Crom
27th December 2008, 09:56 AM
Hi Dennis, welcome in this forum.
I know it's bitter cold there in Minnesota from my dear penfriend in Elgin.
The same here in Holland, but not that cold.
Have fun.
Ad