PDA

View Full Version : G'day you lot

artme
12th December 2008, 03:20 AM
Welll I'm sitting here in Brasil with nothing to do but draw everyone's attention to th fact that this is post number 3,000 for me! :oo::oo:

Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing but in 13 months and 2 days that's a fair bit of computer time!

When I get back home I promise to spend more time in the shed - honestly.:D:D:D

Simomatra
12th December 2008, 04:29 AM
Congratulations Arthur that is indeed a milestone.

Enjoy Brazil while you can plenty of shed time when you get back.

watson
12th December 2008, 08:17 AM
Great Milestone Arthur!!

tea lady
12th December 2008, 09:03 AM
:oo: You're about double what I'm on. I thought I was bad.:rolleyes:

munruben
12th December 2008, 11:57 AM
Congratulations Arthur. I'm not far behind you. Hope you are enjoying the last weeks of your holiday. Look forward to seeing you when you get back

wheelinround
12th December 2008, 12:53 PM
Now come on surely Brazil has a Men's Shed or even a Pole lathe

Ed Reiss
12th December 2008, 01:31 PM
Way to go Artme ....now some of us have a goal to shoot for!:;

Lets see, two posts every 7 minutes....that means I won't get back to turning for about 6 months:o:C

artme
12th December 2008, 09:48 PM
Thanx all!!

Wheelin - strange thing about Brasil. Plenty of beautiful timber, lots of wonder ful trades people, artisans and crafts people but as for more örganized hobbyists and so on it just doesn't happen. People look in wonder when they find I do WW as ahobby.

Ed- was afraid to work that one out! :oo: One of the great things about the forums is that they have helped me immensly in terms of my recovery from the btypass op. and with the state of my mental health. the support and advice and the laughs have really been of trmendous benefit. Many thnks to all.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Ed Reiss
13th December 2008, 02:12 AM
One of the great things about the forums is that they have helped me immensly in terms of my recovery from the btpass op. and with the state of my mental health. the support and advice and the laughs have really bee of trmendous benefit. Many thnks to all.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Art...I'm sure there are a lot of folks on this forum that can relate to what your going through....I know that I certainly can! Just goes to show that these forums are beneficial in many ways!:2tsup::2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th December 2008, 03:32 PM
Now come on surely Brazil has a Men's Shed or even a Pole lathe

For some reason that evoked a mental image of Artme knocking together a basic frame for a pole lathe out of Purpleheart and setting it up beneath a Cocobolo tree to turn exotic timbers such as River Redgum, Vic Ash and Jarrah... :U:roll:

Cliff Rogers
13th December 2008, 04:25 PM
Welll I'm sitting here in Brasil with nothing to do ...
Don't just sit there.... get out & take photos of Brazilians. :D

artme
14th December 2008, 04:27 AM
No skew, let's go for the really rare timbers to do that- Brasilwood and Imbuia.:D:D:D

Got some interesting photos Cliff. was trying to get a shot of some capybara in a park but they wouldn't play ball. Got a photo of A pile of capybara ???? though, just to prove at least that I had some evidence of their existence.

Ed Reiss
14th December 2008, 05:23 AM
uhhhh...I think Cliff had something else in mind:U

artme
14th December 2008, 05:49 AM
uhhhh...I think Cliff had something else in mind:U
Really? :p:D

Ed Reiss
14th December 2008, 05:53 AM
.....oh no, you ain't gonna' trap me into that one!!!!:no::no:

Woodwould
14th December 2008, 10:14 AM
was trying to get a shot of some capybara in a park but they wouldn't play ball.

I think you'll find it's due to the absence of opposable thumbs. With the best intentions in the world, my dogs suffer the same dissability.