PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Cronulla NSW Australia

budgieman
23rd November 2008, 12:24 PM
Name is steve. Love furniture restoration as a hobby. Have heaps of questions for those in the know so thought this was the obvious way. Currently working on a church pew that some kind person decided to throw out on a council rubbish pick up. Looking forward to picking some brains!
My first question will be for answers on furniture borers in 50yo wardrobes. Still active and leaving piles of dust on the floor. Need to know how to treat the little nasties!
Cheers
Budgieman

wheelinround
23rd November 2008, 09:57 PM
oh :rotfl: now here's a fella who advertises he's a budgieman or is that budgiesmuggler being from Nulla.:roll:

Openly admits a fetish with church pew's ...:o...... these could be regarded as toxic waste seats :oo:

Brain's to pick ask for Cliff the rest well :roll:

Welcome to the world of woodies :photo2: photo's are well regarded many can't read so they look at pictures.

Ed Reiss
24th November 2008, 04:26 AM
Welcome Steve!

Planning on starting your own church with that pew!?:U lol

budgieman
24th November 2008, 08:50 AM
Hi Ed,
I would start my own church but there is no kneeler on the back of this pew or beer holders on the arms! (maybe a few modifications required)
Cheers
Steve

budgieman
24th November 2008, 08:57 AM
Guilty on all points! Breed budgies, wear smugglers, church pew fetish is actually my wife's! (Do you think that a heavy sanding will eliminate the toxic waste?). Will ask for Cliff and take note of your photo suggestions.
Cheers
Steve

The Bleeder
24th November 2008, 11:17 AM
Welcome Steve. I think that you'll fit right in. Obeying SWMBO is what happens ...just like other stuff.

Steve

budgieman
24th November 2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks Steve. Yes, you do quickly learn the way to a peaceful life. i.e. obey SWMBO and build a big shed!!
Cheers
Steve

munruben
24th November 2008, 10:51 PM
Hi budgieman and welcome to you.

artme
24th November 2008, 11:08 PM
G´day Budgieman and welcome to the world of strange folks. Looks like you fit right in.:2tsup::D:D