PDA

View Full Version : yet another newby

peterpiper
20th November 2008, 05:41 PM
Morning all, (well it is here!) yet another newby who's been lurking for a time.
peterpiper's the name and I've been enjoying reading the threads from y'all.
I'm an old codger who's trying to find something useful to do to pass the time in his retirement, I've allready learned a lot from this site, some great tips, thanks a bunch.
Oh yes, I'm from Yorkshire, England, but I'm not going to mention the England rugby league team debacle. (or did I just do that?)
May the best team win this weekend.
pete

wheelinround
20th November 2008, 06:08 PM
Welcome Peter Yorkie eh needs something to pass the time away how about coal carving :U

jerryc
20th November 2008, 06:32 PM
G'day Pete,

Just the 13 a side game? We knocked you lot about at Twickers too in real Rugby.

Don't just stand there and lurk. We want to see your work. These Aussies are not a bad lot. I've been here forty years from the old country and I'm just beginning to introduce soime civilisation hereabouts. But not with this mob. But if you want help and advice they'll pour it out and some of it might just be worthwhile.:U

Jerry

bluegum30
20th November 2008, 07:16 PM
g'day peterpiper,welcome to the forum you say your a old bloke so how many birthdays before the queen sends you the letter,:D:D:D

lloyd.

Ruddy
20th November 2008, 10:23 PM
Welcome Peter......
Hope you are enjoying your retirement. You will find plenty of good advice from the many people on this forum.
Ruddy

peterpiper
21st November 2008, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome fellows, much appreciated.

Wheelin, coal carving? not enough coal in yorks now!!! (well, not enough pits)

Jerryc, real rugby? I do feel sorry for you,
I met quite a few Ausies whilst in the R.N. back in the far distant past, some Kiwi's too, all good blokes to drink with
will post some piccies when I've got something worth showing (if only)

bluegum, (lloyd), only a bit of a kid really, 29 to go

Ruddy, sure am, yes, I've noticed the advice flowing, have allready learned a lot

Thanks again guys
pete

Ed Reiss
21st November 2008, 05:06 AM
Welcome Pete!

...slept in this morning, so I'm getting my "Hi" in kind of late:doh:

texx
21st November 2008, 09:27 PM
G,day peter . and welcome
and what part of yorkshire are you from if you dont mind me asking ( if you do mind tell me to mind my own )
just like to know cos i am in australia but i was born in middlesbrough and lived in haverton for a while .

artme
21st November 2008, 09:30 PM
G´day Peter and welcome to the site.:):):)

Just got off a cruise ship that had a goodly number of Yorkshire folks on board. Had lots of laughs with them and few beers too.:2tsup:

WoodJunky
21st November 2008, 10:46 PM
Hello Peter and welcome.

Enjoy your retirement and lets hope you find something useful to do to pass the time by

peterpiper
22nd November 2008, 05:07 AM
Hi, texx, Castleford, West Yorks. about 10 miles from Leeds & 20 from York

artme, cruise ship? lucky you!

WoodJunky, present project is supervising my 2 lads replacing bath with a shower stall, they won't let me do any heavy work, but can't stop me poking my nose in!!!

Thanks again for the welcome folks, going off now to read a few thousand threads.
pete